Cheesed to Please Stuffed Acorn Squash
Cheesed To Please Acorn Stuffed Squash
This rustic hearty side has all the flavors of fall. Hearty squash and potatoes with sausage, covered in melted sharp cheddar.
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes cubed
- 5 fingerling potatoes cubed
- 1 acorn squash cut in half and seeds scooped out
- ½ pound ground beef or mild sausage
- 1 cup Old Croc Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 cup Old Croc Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 365 degrees.
Lightly coat the acorn squash halves with olive oil and salt, and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Over medium heat, cook the garlic and onions until translucent. Add the potatoes and brown for about 3-5 minutes. Add the beef or sausage. Cover for about 10 minutes, stirring as needed. Uncover to finish cooking, until the fingerling potatoes are soft.
Once the squash is tender fill it with a mixture of the beef/potatoes. Cover with Old Croc Cheeses. Put under a broil for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden in places.
Garnish with roasted squash seeds.