Carnitas Mac & Cheese Burrito
CARNITAS MAC AND CHEESE BURRITO
Creamy, smoky, spicy mac and cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla. Chipotle and Onion cheddar adds all the flavor to this burrito.
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 12 ounces Old Croc Chipotle and Onion Cheddar grated
- 1/2 pound Elbow Pasta
- prepared carnitas
- Black beans
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Add the butter to a pan and cook until melted.
- Whisk in the flour and cook about 3 minutes until it slightly darkens in color.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a simmer, whisking often. You will notice it thicken slightly when it simmers.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta al dente and strain, reserving a cup of pasta water. Add to a bowl.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and stir to combine. Add a little pasta water if needed to loosen it up.
FOR A BOWL
- Add some of the mac and cheese to an oven safe baking dish. Top with carnitas and beans. Add more pasta. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with salsa and sour cream. Serve.
IN A BURRITO
- Microwave a 10 or 12 inch tortilla for 20 seconds on a damp paper towel.
- Place a piece of foil on your work surface and put the tortilla on top. Add mac and cheese to the tortilla, then top with beans, carnitas, salsa, and sour cream. Wrap the burrito tightly and wrap the outside with foil.
- Place in a dry frying pan and lightly press. Cook about 3-5 minutes per side to lightly brown and heat through. Serve.