Crikey Mac & Cheese Bites
Crickey Mac & Cheese Bites
Prepare our Crikey Baked Mac & Cheese recipe as directed, then follow directions below.
- 4-5 large eggs
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 jar prepared marinara sauce
- Pour the macaroni and cheese onto a pan and place in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Once cooled, remove macaroni and cheese and shape into balls, about meatball or golf ball sized (Use an ice cream scoop to create the shape.) Line a tray or pan with wax paper, and place in freezer for 2 -4 hours.
- Once the mac & cheese is ready, beat the eggs and two tbsp of milk together in a medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs into a separate bowl.
- Remove frozen macaroni balls from the freezer, drop each in the egg wash and then roll around in the breadcrumbs. Return to freezer.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or in a skillet. Remove macaroni balls from the freezer and carefully drop into the oil, fry for approx. five minutes, moving around so they get browned on all sides.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce for dipping.