- 4 medium size russet potatoes
- 1 pkg Old Croc Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- sour Cream
- chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a casserole dish with butter.
- Wash potatoes and dry. Using a sharp knife, slice potatoes into approx. ¼" slices. Make sure to not cut all the way through. TIP: Place 2 pencils along both sides of the potato. As you cut, cut down to the pencil and stop.
- Place potatoes on a cookie sheet, drizzle generously with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper and bake for approx. 1 hour or until fork tender. Remove from over, cool slightly.
- Place 1 slice of Old Croc Cheddar Cheese between each of the slices. Place back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven, add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately. Try adding chopped cooked bacon, sautéed mushrooms or chili and serve as a main course.
- Serves: 4