Queso Fundido Stuffed Cheeseburger
QUESO FUNDIDO STUFFED BURGER
Our Roasted Garlic and Herb cheddar adds a burst of flavor to this burger, stuffed with chorizo. Finish it off with Pico for freshness and chips for a major crunch factor!
- 12 ounces Old Croc Roasted Garlic and Herb Cheese 2 blocks
- 1/4 pound Diced Chorizo
- 1.25 pounds Ground Beef
- 21 Tortilla Chips
- 2/4 cup Pico de Gallo
- 9 slices pickled jalapeno
- 3 large burger buns
- Cut each block of cheese into 16 thin squares by first cutting it in half both ways into 4 cubes, then turning each cube on its side and slicing it in half, then each half in half again. Alternatively, you could use the sliced version of the cheese and break each slice into 4 squares.
- Cook the chorizo in a hot pan to brown and remove from heat.
- Break the beef into 3 equal pieces. Flatten the beef and place 1 piece of cheese down, then add about a tablespoon of chorizo. Top with 2 more pieces of cheese.
- Wrap the beef all around the cheese and make sure to seal it up around the cheese.
- Grill the burgers on high heat to brown and cook through. After flipping, top each burger first with a piece of cheese, then with about 7-8 tortilla chips, alternating with a slice of cheese in between each chip.
- Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the burger is cooked through.
- Put the burger on a bun and top with pico and jalapenos and serve.