Asian Fusion Sausage and Confetti Pepper Wontons
Asian Fusion Sausage Confetti Pepper Wontons
All the sweet and savory flavors wrapped up in a crunchy fun wonton wrapper.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 30 wontons
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 12 oz. package bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh ginger root minced
- 1 jalapeno chopped fine
- 3 cups bell pepper chopped (combo of red, yellow, and orange peppers)
- 5 garlic cloves chopped fine
- ¾ cup Apricot preserves
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded Old Croc Sharp Cheddar
- ½ cup honey roasted peanuts chopped fine
- ½ cup scallions chopped
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Push wonton wrappers into regular size muffin tins to form cup shapes. Bake for 4 minutes until they hold their shape. Remove them from the tins and place on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Cook sausage in a large deep skillet, breaking it up with the spatula, until almost cooked through. Add the onion, ginger, and jalapeno to the pan and continue cooking until onions are soft. Add the chopped peppers and garlic to the pan and sauté for 5 more minutes. Add apricot preserves and hoisin to the pan and stir to combine, cooking for another 2 minutes until bubbly. Stir in the shredded cheese and remove from heat.
- Fill the wonton shells with the sausage and pepper mixture. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, scallions, and cilantro. Serve hot.
- Makes 40-50 wontons