Aussome Bacon & Jalapeno Cheddar Stuffed Sliders with Chia Apple Slaw
Aussome Bacon & Jalapeno Cheddar-Stuffed Sliders with Chia-Apple Slaw
Deborah B's juicy pork burgers from our Most Aussome Recipe Contest are topped with spicy Bacon & Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese and tangy Slaw.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chia seeds
- 3 ounces Granny Smith apple cut into 1 inch long matchsticks
- 1 cup bagged cole slaw mix
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 teaspoons minced jalapeno
- 4 ounces finely cubed Old Croc Bacon & Jalapeno Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 ounces coarsely shredded Old Croc Bacon & Jalapeno Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices crisp-cooked thick cut bacon finely crumbled
8 slider buns
1 teaspoon Chia seeds
To make the slaw, in a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and Chia seeds until blended. Add the apple matchsticks and cole slaw mix and toss well to coat. Set aside in refrigerator.
To make the patties, in a large bowl combine the pork, jalapeno, cubed cheese, shallot and salt. Form into 8 patties sized slightly larger than the slider buns. Preheat 2 large non-stick skillets to medium heat. Add half of the oil to each skillet and spread evenly. Cook 4 patties in each skillet for 5 to 7 minutes total or until golden brown on both sides and they reach an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees. During the last few minutes of cooking, place an equal amount of shredded cheese and crumbled bacon on top of each patty. Tent loosely with foil until cheese melts on top.
Place a patty onto each slider bun bottom. Top each with an equal amount of slaw. Sprinkle with Chia seeds to garnish. Add bun tops and serve. Makes 8 sliders.