You'll love this twist on garden fresh bruschetta. Our recipe gets a salty, creamy burst of flavor with melted sharp cheddar.
- 4 large tomatoes diced
- 1/2 fresh sweet white onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic finely chopped
- ¼ c olive oil + 4 tbsp.
- 6 leaves fresh basil chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 baguette
- 1 package Old Croc Sharp Cheddar Cheese sliced
- Preheat over to 350. Slice baguette on a diagonal, ¼" thick. Brush 1 side with olive oil. Place directly on oven rack, oil side up. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients with 4 tbsp olive oil. Remove toasts from oven and place on a cookie sheet. Top each toast with a tsp of bruschetta mixture. Top with 1-2 slices of Old Croc Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Place sheet in oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.