Cheesy Peasy Roasted Garlic & Potato Balls
CHEESY-PEASY ROASTED GARLIC & POTATO BALLS
Creamy roasted garlic mashed potatoes and sharp cheddar are rolled in Panko and golden fried til crispy.
"Most Aussome Recipe Contest" Winner Lidia H.
- 2 cups Russet or Idaho potatoes about 1-inch diced
- 1 head garlic peeled and separated
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded Old Croc Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp finely sliced green onions divided
- 12 squares diced about ½-inch Old Croc Extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1 cup Japanese-style panko bread crumbs
- peanut oil for frying
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, combine potatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper; bake for 30 minutes or till fork tender; mash potatoes and garlic with a fork; cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, press mashed potatoes, garlic, Old Croc Cheese and 1 Tbsp green onions with a wooden spoon till smooth; (You may add more salt and pepper if desired.); form mixture into 12 - 2 inch balls; set aside.
- Press hole into potato ball and stuff each with a cheese diced square; repeat process till all balls are filled with cheese.
- Roll potato balls in flour, dip in egg, then coat with bread crumbs; repeat till all potato balls are breaded.
- Fry potato balls in hot oil (350 degrees F) till golden; drizzle with ranch dressing and sprinkle with green onions and serve! Enjoy!