Cheesy Peasy Roasted Garlic & Potato Balls
CHEESY-PEASY ROASTED GARLIC & POTATO BALLS
Creamy roasted garlic mashed potatoes and sharp cheddar are rolled in Panko and golden fried til crispy.
"Most Aussome Recipe Contest" Winner Lidia H.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 2 cups Russet or Idaho potatoes about 1-inch diced
- 1 head garlic peeled and separated
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded Old Croc Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp finely sliced green onions divided
- 12 squares diced about ½-inch Old Croc Extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1 cup Japanese-style panko bread crumbs
- peanut oil for frying
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, combine potatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper; bake for 30 minutes or till fork tender; mash potatoes and garlic with a fork; cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, press mashed potatoes, garlic, Old Croc Cheese and 1 Tbsp green onions with a wooden spoon till smooth; (You may add more salt and pepper if desired.); form mixture into 12 - 2 inch balls; set aside.
- Press hole into potato ball and stuff each with a cheese diced square; repeat process till all balls are filled with cheese.
- Roll potato balls in flour, dip in egg, then coat with bread crumbs; repeat till all potato balls are breaded.
- Fry potato balls in hot oil (350 degrees F) till golden; drizzle with ranch dressing and sprinkle with green onions and serve! Enjoy!