Sweet Onion Bagel & Prosciutto Strata
Sweet Onion Bagel and Prosciutto Strata
Kim B's clever recipe from our Most Aussome Recipe Contest uses onion bagels and our Roasted Garlic & Herb Cheddar in this buttery strata. What a delicious combo!
- 2 ½ cups sweet onion cut in half and sliced
- 1 tbs. oil
- 1 tbs. butter
- 3 onion bagels approximately 10 oz., cubed
- 6 oz. Old Croc Roasted Garlic and Herb Aged Cheese shredded
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 3 oz. natural prosciutto thinly sliced
- 1 tbs. fresh parsley minced
- Cooking spray
- 6-8 oz. ramekin dishes
- In a large skillet, add the oil and butter over medium low heat. Add in the sweet onions and allow to slowly sauté until golden and soften, stirring as needed. When cooked, remove from the pan and coarsely chop to make smaller pieces.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees and spray each ramekin with cooking spray. Arrange the ramekins on a baking sheet and set side to fill.
- In a large bowl, add the sautéed onions, cubed onion bagel and shredded Old Croc Roasted Garlic and Herb Aged Cheese. Toss to combine.
- In a medium bowl, add in the milk, heavy cream and eggs. Whisk together to combine. Pour the milk mixture over the bagel mixture and toss until all of the bagel is coated. Let set for 5 minutes to allow the bread to absorb the liquid.
- Spoon the sweet onion bagel mixture into the ramekins. Top each with three small pieces of prosciutto that have been folded and tucked into the strata mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the strata is golden on the top and is firm to the touch. Allow the strata to set for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with minced parsley.